SJL LEAGUE INFORMATION (Girls Division)
Updated Thursday February 1, 2018 by Pete Corelli.
SJL GIRLS DIVISION
KEEP A STICK IN YOUR HAND AND HAVE FUN PLAYING GAMES IN A RELAXED, FAMILY FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT!
- SJL League gives girls lacrosse players an affordable way to play lacrosse during the summer. There are no practices...just games!
- Girls Games for the 2018 summer season will be played on Tuesday nights at Cherokee High School. The girls season begins July 10th & ends July 31st.
- Players can still attend camps, play on tournament teams, or have their weekends free.
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the 2018 summer season. COST IS ONLY $95.
- 2018 Divisions (U8, U10, U12, and U 14) Follow SJYLax divisions
- Dates for summer league are 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31
- Rain date is the following Monday or Wednesday at Cherokee HS.
- Games are Tuesday nights at Cherokee High School (6-8:30pm).
Girls Division Format
- 1 Hour of skill development, taught by high school coaches, college coaches, and college players.
- All division will have a Skills and Drills session each week for all registered players. (Skills and Drills sessions will be run by high school coaches, college lacrosse coaches, and/or collegiate players).
- These sessions are designed to give young players additional lacrosse knowledge and skills of the game from some of the best players/coaches in the area.
- Each team will play one game following the skills and drills session.
- Games will consist of 18 minute running halves.