SJL LEAGUE INFORMATION (Girls Division)
Updated Tuesday January 10, 2017 by Pete Corelli.
SJL GIRLS DIVISION
KEEP A STICK IN YOUR HAND AND HAVE FUN PLAYING GAMES IN A RELAXED, FAMILY FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT!
- SJL League gives girls lacrosse players an affordable way to play lacrosse during the summer. There are no practices...just games!
- Girls Games for the 2017 summer season will be played on Tuesday nights at Cherokee High School. The girls season begins July 11th and ends August 1st.
- Players can still attend camps, play on tournament teams, or have their weekends free.
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the 2017 summer season. COST IS ONLY $90.
- 2017 Divisions (U8, U10 and U12) Follow SJYLax divisions
- Dates for summer league are 7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1
- Rain date is the following Monday or Wednesday at Cherokee HS.
- Games are Tuesday nights at Cherokee High School (6-8:30pm).
Girls Division Format
- Our 1st year of the girls division was a huge success. Players and parents loved the format, skill development and games.
- All division will have a Skills and Drills session each week for all registered players. (Skills and Drills sessions will be run by high school coaches and/or collegiate players).
- These sessions are designed to give young players additional lacrosse knowledge and skills of the game from some of the best players/coaches in the area.
- Each team will play one game following the skills and drills session.
- Games will consist of 18 minute running halves.